Esports Cheating Ban Highlights Corruption Problem in Competitive Gaming

Esports Cheating Ban Highlights Corruption Problem in Competitive Gaming

The Esports Integrity Coalition (EIC), a non-profit industry human anatomy dedicated to cleaning up esports, has banned a player for two years after he confessed to cheating during the Mettlestate Samsung Galaxy CS:GO Championship earlier this thirty days.

Connor Huglin, who received a two year ban from competitive esports, after he was discovered to be using third-party computer software to cheat in the Mettlestate Samsung Galaxy CS:GO Championship.

It’s the first such ban handed straight down by the EIC’s disciplinary board because the organization’s formation in the UK summer that is last.

EIC reported that the gamer in concern, Connor Huglin, who played for Armor Legion Gaming under the display screen name ‘zonC,’ accepted a ‘plea bargain,’ after admitting using a third-party software cheat that had gone undetected by Valve’s anti-cheat software.

‘It is constantly disappointing whenever someone cheats and I am given by it no pleasure to ban a player, but cheating can not be tolerated in e-sports,’ stated Ian Smith, ESIC’s e-sports integrity commissioner. ‘It fundamentally undermines the credibility and integrity of our industry. I hope this demonstrates that ESIC will deal quickly, decisively and proportionately with cheats adhering to a reasonable process.’

Match-fixing Scandal

Does esports have corruption problem? It’s well worth remembering that this might be still a very young ‘sport,’ and one t Continuez la lecture


PAGCOR Says Manila Casino Mass Killing Won’t Hurt Gaming Revenue, or Influence Martial Law Directive

PAGCOR Says Manila Casino Mass Killing Won’t Hurt Gaming Revenue, or Influence Martial Law Directive

PAGCOR, the Philippines Amusement and Gaming Corporation, is none too concerned over the long-term fiscal implications stemming from the terror that is recent on Resorts World Manila that left 37 innocent dead.

About that Resorts World Manila attack? Should not have impact that is negative video gaming revenue, so says PAGCOR Chairwoman Andrea Domingo.

PAGCOR CEO Andrea Domingo told reporters this that her agency doesn’t expect the country’s casino industry to suffer as a result of the tragedy week.

On June 2, a man reportedly struggling with a severe gambling addiction, entered Resorts World within the capital city and lit parts of the gaming floor burning.

‘As of now, I don’t see any impact on the gaming industry,’ Domingo said, as reported by Malaya Business Insight. ‘Since January, we’re averaging P5 billion ($101 million) a month, making sure that’s around P25 billion as of might. I think we are going to have the ability to hit the target of P60 billion and above.’

The reason for Domingo’s seemingly unwarranted optimism is that the Resorts World attack isn’t thought to have been linked to any organization that is terroristic. Capital Region Police workplace Chief Oscar Albayalde said the suspect, whom later committed suicide, was greatly indebted to the casino and that ended up being his main motive.

Unrest in Philippines

Even though many Americans feel President Donal Continuez la lecture